Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know, I’ve been A.W.O.L. this summer, and most of this past spring – so SUE me. I’ve been working and going to school full-time. Anyway, figured I’d post a summer update.
- Took a 15 week Intro to Sociology course in 3 weeks (compressed format – insane, really) and got a B in the class. The class was actually rather interesting. Would have enjoyed it at a more leisurely pace.
- Attended my first concert at Wolftrap in Vienna, VA.. Headerliner was bluesman Buddy Guy, openers were acoustic bluesman Chris Smithers and blues rocker par excellance Susan Tedeschi. She stole the show. The venue was amazing and wonderful, and I can’t wait to go back to see some one/thing else perform, soon. Why did I ever wait so long to go there? It was magic.
- Talking College Algebra now – Final on August 21… Currently have a B in class – CAN YOU BELIEVE IT? Me neither. Thanks to Delegatrix and her excellent tutoring skills and math degree.
- 1 week away from finishing the most boring Psychology class ever – Final is a week from Saturday. This one lasted 8 weeks instead of 15. Would have been better in a 3 week format.
- Went to St. Pete for my first real vacation in quite a while, saw my best friend Susan, her wonderful husband Brian, and darling 4 year old son, Nic. Had the best time, did not want to come back here, at all. Weather was hot and steamy, just how I like it. Came back on Monday to similar weather here, made me less homesick. (Aside: Bought a bikini for the trip, never wore the darn thing!) Finally visited the legendary Hyde
Park neighborhood in Tampa – I am smitten, and vow that someday I will live there. It is absolutely schmabulous!
- Delegatrix and I are going to see the musical “Hairspray“next Friday at the Kennedy Center.
Never been there, hear its lovely.
- Fall 2005 Term starts too soon. I get a measly 2 weeks off before the grind begins again. And don’t even get me started about my programming class registration fiasco. It took all summer to figure out what I could and could not take, and where I could take it. Oy!
So now you know.