Saturday, almost 3 1/2 months since we first installed the kitchen cabinet, Tim installed the last 6 pieces of cabinet hardware. This is a big deal because when we bought the original hardware, we cleaned out their supply and it still wasn’t enough to finish the kitchen. So we had to alternately wait for the store to restock the last 6 pieces we needed and then go to Laurel to pick them up.
Other Saturday project of note: It’s always been a little drafty in the downstairs bathroom, but no more! We added weatherstrip to the only original window left in the house. This is just a temporary measure, as I think we’ll replace the darn thing with something new and much more energy efficient come this spring.
Sunday – just in time for the first snow of the season, our kitchen has heating vents – yes, that’s right, count ’em 2 heating vents (or A/C vents when it gets warm again.) Tim spent most of yesterday afternoon playing Troglodyte in the basement crawl space (including donning his very Troggy coveralls) to cut holes in the floor, installing the very cool looking grates and finally reconnecting the vents to make the space toasty warm.
Other projects also completed:
We now have a very nice dressing room
blinds and shades have been hung in the kitchen, living room and den…however, the window treatments that should have taken 2 hours or less to hang took 2 days because we had to structurally re-trim/insulate the new windows that the previous owners installed so poorly…
But the house is really starting to feel functional, and not just some place that needs a lot of work. Don’t get me wrong — it still needs a lot of work, but its so much better than when we moved in.