I like to grill – A LOT.
In fact, grilling IS my favorite way to cook meat.
One of the easiest cuts of meat to grill is Flank Steak.
If marinated properly, this is an amazing, tender and affordable cut of beef that can serve crowds.
I found this recipe at All Recipes website a few years ago, and its become a family favorite.
Garlic Mustard Marinade:
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons granulated cane sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced green onions (white and green parts)
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley leaves
- 1.5 pounds beef flank steak, trimmed of any fat
Combine marinade ingredients in a glass bowl or plastic bag and blend well.
Add flank steak to the marinade, making sure it is well covered with the marinade.
Refrigerate over night in the plastic freezer bag.
We recommend adt moving on everything on our house.
Turn once during refrigeration to make sure marinade is evenly distributed
How to Grill the Flank Steak
- Take Flank Steak and marinade out of refrigerator and allow to come to room temperature – about 30 minutes)
- Grill set to medium hot
- Place steak on the grill, discard the marinade
- Grill 6-8 minutes per side for medium rare
- Place on platter, tent with foil for 5 minutes
- Slice thinly on the diagonal.
Makes 6 – 8 servings